Saturday, December 23, 2006

THE NAUVOO CHRONICLES
day 1- a whole new world








so i'm here in NAUVOO... it's a world in an of itself. it's beautiful. it's peaceful. it's simple.



my plane arrived (late) at 12:30ish and then the parents and i had the long 3 hour car ride to their little home. 3 am and everything is so dark i can't see anything. the first thing my daddy did when we got in was get my hat box out. i opened it and there before me was the most beautiful red velvet bonnet ever. i tried it on... my mom put hers on too. please bless that it snows so that my mom and i can have our sleigh ride with our bonnets on!!!


i've slept a lot of the day away. but i woke up to my dad cooking me eggs, bacon, bratwurst and toast! ahhh... it's good to be "home." i went to the local grocery store (it leaves a lot to be desired) and bought the essential goodies. now i'm off to go see my mom in the bakery and my dad at the gun shoppe.


walking around here all by myself is like Heavenly Father's Christmas present to me. i love the peace. i love the stillness. i love the temple on the hill.

i don't have any pics of my own right now... so i stole some from my dad's computer... just so you could see the world my parents live in every day. they are too stinkin cute!








mom in the mansion house

dad in the blacksmith

the apartment above the apothecary

dad leads the mormon battalion

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Pa-lease wear your red velvet bonnet to church!!! Your parents are edible munchies!

Colleen said...

YOUR PARENTS ARE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!! And - Rachel said "munchies"!!

I LOVE YOU!