Thursday, February 08, 2007

FORGIVE ME, MY FELLOW DIET COKE ADDICTS...

for i have sinned.

no, i haven't gone over to the dark side and joined up with the freakish pepsi-loving weirdos. no {sob} but i have betrayed all that is right and good about drinking diet coke by...

BEING A DIET COKE WASTER!!! {wwwwahhhhhhh}

yes.... yes it's true... and i have to come clean. i can't help myself. i pour a full glass of the luscious beverage and that first sip is so, so... satisfying. then as the minutes pass and the fizz abates... and that freezing cold touch grows warm... i just... well... i just lose interest.


then i end up with 8 glasses, bottles and mugs half-filled with the sweet nectar of life... all of it, gone to waste.


i'm so sorry!!! please, is there any room for mercy???

5 comments:

Annie said...

I switch between the two. I have to admit, I am a Pepsi girl, but I seem to buy diet coke most of the time. I drank a Diet Pepsi this morning, the first time in a long time. I will agree, warm and flat pop is pretty gross, even if it is Diet Coke.

ju said...

the other day on the way home from lunch i asked my dad to pull over at the store cause i really needed something...2 minutes later i emerged with a 24 pack in hand. i got made fun of for calling it the "sweet nectar of life"

Rachel said...

I drink last night's leftovers in the morning. It's like a hangover cure. Just kidding...kind of.

Whitney said...

Scuse me but I'm one of those freakish Diet Pepsi wierdos. Viva la Diet Pepsi and down with the nasty tyranical Diet Cokes. Can't enjoy a decent movie anymore without having to gag the slug down, unless I sneak in the good stuff.

Lady Bills said...

sorry whitney- but i have to say that this is one point in which you are wrong (and that rarely ever happens) diet coke is the SWEET NECTAR OF LIFE and pepsi is for ugly people!!! lol

it's so refreshing (pun intended) to hear how many people drink the left-over coke that sit next to their night-stand. you should have seen the reaction i got from kelly and mary when i was talking about this post... yikes!