Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!

wanna know what i did for new year's eve?

1- woke up at 5 am with all of my joints and muscles hating me, decided this wasn't your typical cold.
2- went to church to sort of give a talk. it was like a 2 minute talk and i'm not sure any of it was actually coherent. then i sat through the remainder of the meeting feeling like i was going to pass out.
3- immediately following the meeting had my friends rach and julie drive me to the hospital to find an urgent care clinic... ended up in the ER when i described my symptoms (whenever you even LOOK like you have the flu... people freak).
4- was THE only person that had to wear the bright blue medical mask in the waiting room so that i wouldn't infect the entire nation with my illness.
5- ended up in my own little bed with an IV stuck to my arm, chest x-rays, a nazi nurse that told me i was a wimp and made the cold IV fluid coarse through my veins like jeff gordon and a woman doctor/resident named DAN, who didn't know what excedrin was when i told her what medications i had taken. did i mention she was a woman... named DAN???
6- was there for 5 hours... while dying people lay dying in the hallway because the ER was packed... it's always packed.
7- was attended by a "real" doctor for 2.5 seconds and will probably bill my insurance for batting an eyelash at me and having to wake me from my codeine-induced nap so he could listen to my lungs and disappear into ER hell again... never to be seen or heard from again. then got really nervous when dr. lieutenant dan had to go get a nurse to help her re-attach my IV after i had to go pee in a cup.
8- was sent home with a prescription for antibiotics and scowled at by the REAL sick people for taking the luxurious room number 4.
9- decided that rather than be sick on new years, i would at least do something memorable... so rach, julie and i attempted to see THE HOLIDAY but it was broken when we got to the theater... so they let us see PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS for free instead... technically NOT breaking the sabbath... right?
10- toasted with our cups of diet coke at midnight, finished the movie and went straight to bed!

a HUGE thank you to rach and julie for toughing this one out with me AND for making some pretty awesome memories with this one.

YAY- 2007 already... can you believe it?

for some really great new year's eve moments check out rachel's blog HERE!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I hate women named Dan...you just know you can't trust them.
So glad your on the meds and on the fast track to health!!

Annie said...

My sister Steph happened upon your blog! Isn't that crazy? I just created one myself...kaboogie-howard.blogspot.com check it out:) Glad to hear you still have crazy adventures.

Amanda said...

hehe. "Fun In The ER" that should be a newspaper heading. submit that into the paper. am i agreed????