Wednesday, January 03, 2007

THE LONG LIST ON THE SHORT BUS


i'm not one for new year's resolutions. i think it's one thing to look back on the past year and see where one would change their life from previous mistakes. but just like fad diets, i don't believe in giving myself a heart attack trying to obtain unrealistic expectations that i will just give up on before february is over anyway.

therefore i give to you my list of ways i will try to avoid going psycho this coming year... no resolutions... think of them as exercises to becoming a mind free of psycho-ness

HERE'S TO YOU MY PROZAC FREE 2007!


eat more chocolate-- soothing, numbing chocolate


come to grips with my horrible morning breath


every time i hear "adult" noises coming from harley tattoo neighbor man's bedroom (which just so happens to be above my bedroom) start singing I AM A CHILD OF GOD at the top of my lungs


embrace the color orange


help EVERYONE, including my dear mis-guided friends to realize that "the boss" CANT SING... he garbles... like he is rinsing with mouth wash... not good people



go outside every once in a while and help the homeless guys pick out cans from other people's garbage... betcha it's a good work out and i could really use the fresh air


arm wrestle a little kid


read more books with titles like "your cat has psychic powers" or "bugworld"


time myself running to work-- under four hours? you bet your bottom dollar


succeed in bringing the phrase "rock steady" back into every day lingo


teach myself not to care when i see someone picking their nose in their car... WE CAN ALL SEE YOU, BY THE WAY!!!


learn another language-- what about cantonese?


tell jokes to strangers on the T


stop lying about liking plaid

3 comments:

Rachel said...

All I can say is you can't start a fire without a spark. The Boss can be the boss of me anytime.

Anonymous said...

My dear sister...

You simply CAN'T get fresh air if your nose is in the garbage can picking out aluminum cans! ;)

Love ya!

Colleen said...

I get up in the evening
and I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning
I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired
Man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help

You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
even if we're just dancing in the dark

Message keeps getting clearer
radio's on and I'm moving 'round the place
I check my look in the mirror
I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face
Man I ain't getting nowhere
I'm just living in a dump like this
There's something happening somewhere
baby I just know that there is

You can't start a fire
you can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
even if we're just dancing in the dark

You sit around getting older
there's a joke here somewhere and it's on me
I'll shake this world off my shoulders
come on baby this laugh's on me

Stay on the streets of this town
and they'll be carving you up alright
They say you gotta stay hungry
hey baby I'm just about starving tonight
I'm dying for some action
I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this book
I need a love reaction
come on now baby gimme just one look

You can't start a fire sitting 'round crying over a broken heart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
You can't start a fire worrying about your little world falling apart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
Hey baby