Monday, September 10, 2007

JAILBIRD!

hey- wouldn't it be hilarious if i went to jail?

kind of a random statement, no? well actually, not really-- more like my possible reality and i'm not even exaggerating!

so here's the sitch! in boston, if you get 5 traffic violations within a 3 year period you have to take a traffic class. well, that's me. i got the letter months ago and quickly put it out of my mind as i went about my busy july and august. but i did sign up for it eventually. the only problem was i guess i had done it a touch too late... thereby incurring the penalty of a suspended drivers license-- and driving on such is considered a criminal offence.

so imagine my surprise, when on friday night headed on my way home i get pulled over-- apparently my registration had also expired (oops, i knew i was forgetting something). so the dude, in a nutshell, comes back from looking at my license and reg and informs me that my license had been suspended, that it was a criminal offence that he will have to arrest me. HOLY CRAP did you just say arrest? he sure did. i informed the officer that i was attending the class the following day and did the only thing i could think of-- i pled for mercy and asked the guy to let me go. nope. but he did extend his arm of mercy by NOT arresting me... how kind.

so-- now-- my car has been impounded-- i have to get a hearing and pray as many prayers as it takes that somehow i get off easy. the most they can do to me is: 60 days to a year in prison AND revoke my license. the very least: revoke my license for 30 days.

interesting that i always seem to have this kind of drama with insurance and registration-- i'm a glutton for this kind of pain i guess!

it's a good thing that i have my bike up and running now, that i have already been getting used to taking the bus and the T everywhere i go and that i no longer have a job that requires me to drive anyone anywhere... it's like i have a very merciful Father up above that saw this one coming from a mile away and did all He could to make this as painless as he possibly could. cheers to finding blessings in the trial!

so, um... will you guys come visit me when i'm in the slammer?

3 comments:

The Dean's said...

No offense... But i would have to laugh if you were to go to the slammer... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I would totally come to Boston to see then!! :)

Rachel said...

I will totally bring you cookies when you go to jail, I heard the food is really bad...I'll try to smuggle in a switch-blade for you...but then I would probably end up in jail too...

Linda said...

not only would i come visit you but I'd picket outside with signs and wild chanting. I'd probably have to go buy a hippie skirt but I'd do it...for you.