Friday, April 03, 2009

LA MIA PROSSIMA AVVENTURA GRANDE



oh, i am so sorry that i won't be here for your birthdays and weddings and bah mitzvahs and baby blessings... i'll be in italy... all summer... soaking in the sun and traveling through europe on my down-time, and my heart is breaking! HAHAHA! or not so much!

i really hate to brag, but let's be honest, there hasn't been much to brag about lately in the life of peggy... so i am ALL OVER this one!

have you heard this story before, it's a good one:
once upon a time this girl named peggy applied to teach english as a foreign language through the use of the creative dramatics and drama. then, after weeks of hard work, blood, sweat and tears... she heard from the amazing people at ACLE... they told her to COME ON OVER and be a teacher with them! and the world rejoiced. okay, maybe not the world... but she did, for sure. oh and so did all of the amazing people in her life that have been supporting her this whole time!

so it's official. i'm out. wish me luck.

they changed a few of the start times for camp, so i will now have to be there by june 8th for my teacher training and then i won't be back until the end of august!

guess who's turning 30 in ITALY!!??
what better way to ring in the new decade, yeah?

what's cool about this camp is that we start off in a small coastal town called SAN REMO , if you look at the map above, it's really close to GENOA. then, once i start, i will be sent ALL OVER italy, camping at places like tuscany, rome, venice, milan and many more!


this is the kind of life-changing experience i needed right about now!


this is a picture of one of the many docks in san remo

8 comments:

Danika said...

Ooooooh I'm so jealous! I'll be spending my summer working long hours in an industry that's rapidly collapsing. Ciao bella!

SB said...

Congratulations and good luck! Be sure to keep us updated through your blog.

Randi said...

Looks like a dump. Hopefully you can find something redeeming about the place. At least it's just for a few months.

Just kidding, you freaking word-that-starts-with-a-B! Have fun!

Unknown said...

I am SO jealous of you! That is my mission. You definitely have got to go to Cinque Terre. It's right there on the coast close to Genoa. You gotta make a weekend or something out of that. It is beautiful and you will never be the same! I'm excited for you and wish I was going with you!

Reggs said...

Peggy that rocks my socks!! I can't think of anyone more deserving than you, darling.
You should TOTALLY read "eat, pray, love" before you go if you haven't already.
Eat some pesto for me!!

Cara said...

Wahoo!!! I can't imagine a better place to spend your summer and your b-day!! You deserve the best!!

Victoria said...

PEGGY!!!!! THIS IS AMMMMAZZZIIINNNNGGGG!!!! Seriously what an amazing situation! Oh i am jealous - Italy for a few months sounds just LOVELY! What a great place to celebrate your birthday too!

DANIELLE said...

PEGGY!!! WOW!!! That's so cool! I am seriously (seriously) jealous!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN IN ITALY (it's the best place EVER!)